Graduate Teaching Associateships at Ohio State University

braco_stankovic at ncsu.edu braco_stankovic at ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 3 18:52:18 EST 1999

The Department of Plant Biology at Ohio State University completed a
reorganization during the past year resulting in a more focused
department with emphasis in the areas of physiology, molecular biology,
developmental biology, cell biology, and biotechnology.  We offer both the
Master’s Degree Program and the Ph.D. Degree Program in these areas.   As a
part of this reorganization and the accompanying budget adjustments we have
recently learned that we will have several additional Graduate Teaching
Associateships to offer to new incoming students.

The GTA awards provide a stipend of  $1202 per month ($14,424 per year) and
also pay for tuition and fees (Ohio Resident $7,296 per 12 months, NonOhio
Resident $18,896 per 12 months).  GTAs are obligated to participate in our
teaching program for up to 20 hours per week.  Students whose native language
is not English must pass the spoken English test or a mock teaching test to
qualify for a GTA.

Even though we are now into the phase of evaluating applicants, we want to
encourage qualified students interested in these areas of plant biology to
continue to submit applications.  Because of the adjustments in our budget we
will extend the period of application into the summer of 1999. If you know of
qualified students with an interest in the subject areas listed above please
encourage them to apply.

Information on obtaining application materials can be requested by contacting:

Dr. Michael Evans
Chair, Graduate Studies Committee
Department of Plant Biology
Ohio State University
1735 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
Phone: 614 292-9162
email:  evans.20 at osu.edu
Additional information on application for Graduate Study at Ohio State
University is available on the web at http://www.ohiostate.edu/
For more information on the Graduate Program in Plant Biology at Ohio State
University, please visit our website at
www.biosci.ohiostate.edu/~plantbio/plantbio.html