IUBio

cysteine toxicity

¾àÁ¦°ú drug at brm.co.kr
Sat Aug 8 09:56:09 EST 1998

I`m majoring in pharmacokientics, and after 7 days consecutive oral
administration of  cysteine (500 mg/kg) to rat, bioavailability of
azosemide (loop diuretics) was increased 20 times compared with control
rats.
In my thought, this increased azosemide bioavailability is due to
decreased GI tract metabolism because of cysteine toxicity to GI tract.

If anyone knows of any references or can tell me some news, please write

me at this address:

Yoon Kyoon Kim
nicebw at plaza1.snu.ac.kr

Many thanks