On Wed, 09 Dec 1998 07:23:34 GMT, sean2 at rocketmail.com wrote:
>>I'm no expert on mercury poisoning, just a layman who is looking for
>answers too. Apparently the gold standard for seeing how much mercury
>(Hg) is in your body is the DMPS (Dimaval) challenge test. DMPS is a
>chelation agent that binds to the mercury in your body and allows it
>to be excreted. The challenge test involves giving a urine sample,
>then taking the DMPS, and then collecting your urine again for the
>next 6 hours. The 'before and after' levels in the urine give an idea
>of the body's Hg load.
Do NOT take this test with your amalgam fillings in your mouth!
It can draw the mercury from the fillings and distribute it throughout
>You can get mercury from a number of sources, including seafood and
>>Is your doctor giving you a chelation agent to help remove the Hg? I
>know it takes a long time for the Hg to leave your system, so be
>patient. You might try finding a doc in the UK who is an expert in
>heavy metal poisoning. There will certainly be some around and that
>expertise will make a big difference in determing your Hg levels,
>where it is coming from, and how to get rid of it.
>>-Good luck! , Sean
>>>On 8 Dec 1998 23:09:28 GMT, lmlelyveld at aol.com (LMLELYVELD) wrote:
>>>>I have recently been diagnosed with 3 x the normal mercury levels accepted. I
>>currently have a reading of 44. My only contact with mercury was when I was an
>>eleven year old at school, I broke a laboratory thermometer in my mouth. When
>>my teacher came into the class immediately after this, I swalled the glass and
>>mercury together. I did cut my mouth. Now, 23 years later, I have developed
>>lesions in my arm and leg. Large amounts of mercury have been removed. My
>>Consultant says that the mercury must have been put into my leg and arm,
>>perhaps self-inflicted. This has taken me totally by surprise as I am not into
>>self-damage and I certainly do not mainline mercury, nor anything else. During
>>the last 4 years I have suffered with many symptoms of mercury poisoning, can
>>you shed any light on this mystery.
>>>>Thanks for your time.
>>>>Lionel Lelyveld - Maidenhead, UK