firebreathing and toxicology

Chris Evelo C.Evelo at Farmaco.UniMaas.nl
Thu Jan 8 10:09:26 EST 1998

Ralf Westbrock wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> recently some firebreathers and me started worrying about firebreathing
> and toxical exposure due to simply putting parafin (kerosene) into the
> mouth before spitting out.
> thanks in advance,
> Ralf

Although it might be one of the lesser risks for fire spitters, taking
kerosene in the mouth certainly is risky. Apart from the systemic
toxicity of the kerosene components the aspiration of small droplets can
cause pulmonitis.

 Dr.Ir. Chris T.A. Evelo PhD
 Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology; Universiteit Maastricht
 P.O. Box 616; NL-6200 MD Maastricht; The Netherlands
 tel: +31-43-3881231 +31-43-3881417;  fax: +31-43-3670940
 email: C.Evelo at Farmaco.UniMaas.nl

More information about the Toxicol mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net