IUBio

Calling all animal researchers & toxicologists - reliability question

Doug K dkochel at icdc.com
Mon Mar 8 15:30:11 EST 1999

A simple question, huh?

Obviously, far more testing is required to satisfy your query. What kind of
study and how many animals do you think it would take to verify this
correlation? Think of the toxicity testing, how many substances will kill or
sicken commonly used lab animals and yield same results when given to
humans? A well equipped lab could kill or sicken millions of animals in the
pursuit of the answer. Isn't it at least a little better to tackle this one
substance at a time as the need arises?

Perhaps a simpler question would be: Why do the researchers need to produce
evidence that falsifies a claim made by a group of individuals who wish to
make their job more difficult? We're back to the "burden-of-proof" argument
then. I haven't seen any AR types win that one yet.

--
Doug K.
"Ride well, shoot straight, speak the truth"

greenrd at hotmail.com wrote in message <7c13v8$fa0$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I have a simple question. The reason I ask is because some
antivivisectionists