IUBio

Intraspecies Variability

Todd toddh at brownvm.brown.edu
Mon May 17 10:52:46 EST 1999

We often use a 10-fold uncertainty factor when considering the
intraspecies variability in reactions to a particular chemical.  I am
currently interested in looking at cases where that 10-fold factor may
understate the true variability in the population.  I would be greatly
appreciative if somebody could either give me examples or point me in the
direction of a good resource to find examples where this may be the case.
Human variation in reactions to Prozac would be one example.  Again, I'd
appreciate any help that you could lend.  Thank you very much!

Todd