LEADING AUTHORITIES ADDED TO BIODEFENSE PROGRAM
Experts in hospital preparedness, chemical warfare, health communications, prosecuting terrorists, and corporate security have just been added to the second BioDefense Mobilization Conference & Exhibition, October 22-24, 2002, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Keynote speaker is Gov. James Gilmore, Chair of the Congressional Advisory Commission on Terrorism and Weapons of Mass Destruction and former governor of Virginia.
SPEAKERS JUST ADDED TO THE PROGRAM INCLUDE:
* Dan Arden, head of the US Army Chemical School at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri
* Dr. Phillip Dattilo, Chief Information Officer of Medtower, which offers the nation's newest biodefense information platform
* Terry Schmidt, an emergency specialist, who advises hospitals on how to prepare for terrorism threats
* Andy McCarthy, federal prosecutor of the World Trade Center bombers during the 1990s
* Wade Ishimoto, Director for Homeland Security, ACS, Inc. Ishimoto was a charter member of the first national counterterrorist force, its intelligence officer, and security team leader on the ill-fated 1980 rescue mission to Teheran.
Register now for the Biodefense Mobilization Conference & Exhibition. Call 877 796-4362 or register online at http://www.bio-defense.org. The three-day event features many of the nation's leading authorities on counter terrorism. Pre-conference workshops October 21 will focus on biotechnology and bioterrorism basics.
WHY YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO MISS THIS COMPREHENSIVE EVENT
The BioDefense Mobilization Conference gives you the most up-to-date knowledge, information, data, and resources to make you an effective partner in biodefense.
* Best Practices: Success stories, models, and exercises
* Essential Tools: Systems, products, services
* Key Personnel: Peer networks, helpful contacts, and new partners
* Sound Policies: Considered responses to real threats; effective problem-solving
*Public Safety & Responder Protection
*Terrorism Law & Policy
*Public Health, Private Medicine, & Hospitals
*Science & Technology
*Workplace Preparedness & the Built Environment Communications & Training
OUTSTANDING LINEUP OF SPEAKERS
Featured presenters include:
Col. Danny McKnight, Black Hawk Down hero
George Strait, Media Consultant and former ABC Health/Medical Correspondent
Dr. William Halperin, Chair and Professor, Department of Preventive and Community Medicine, New Jersey Medical School; co-author of Public Health Surveillance
Sergei Popov, Senior Scientist, Advanced Biosystems; former Soviet weapons designer
Amy Smithson, Director, Chemical and Biological Weapons Nonproliferation Project, Stimson Center
Dr. Victor Sidel, Professor of Social Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine; former president, American Public Health Association
A.D. Vickery, Chair, InterAgency Board for Equipment Standardization and InterOperability; Deputy Chief, Special Operations, Seattle Fire Department
Nancy Connell, Director, Center for Biodefense, New Jersey Medical School
Terry O'Brien, former Assistant Attorney General, State of Minnesota; Appointee, Cantigny Conference on State Emergency Health Powers and the Bioterrorism Threat
Dr. Karen Becker, Senior Health Advisor, Office of Public Health Emergency Preparedness, Dept. of Health and Human Services
Dr. David Franz, Vice President, Chemical and Biological Defense Division, Southern Research Institute; former commander, USAMRIID (Bioterrorism Workshop only)
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
All individuals registered for the conference are invited to submit an abstract for a poster presentation until Oct. 15 for any of the tracks. See Call for Presentations at http://www.bio-defense.org for details.
* The University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey-School of Public Health (UMDNJ-SPH), with Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey; New Jersey Institute of Technology; and the Public Health Research Institute
* Center for Biodefense, New Jersey Medical School, UMDNJ
* Homeland Defense Journal
* Consultants in Disease & Injury Control
* Homeland Defense Technology Council
* Public Health Foundation
* Drexel University School of Public Health
Learn about exhibitor and sponsor opportunities at www.bio-defense.org or call Michele Dionne, Exhibition Director, 206 937-2570. This event is a superior opportunity to meet potential new customers and other business leads and is being widely promoted to new audiences.
Registration fees are $395 for students; $695 for public employees, elected officials, and academics; and $895 for others. Program and registration information is available at http://www.bio-defense.org where you can register online. Or call 877 796-4362.
The unthinkable now seems inevitable.
Preparedness is our only defense.
If you are responsible for any element of biodefense,
this is the one meeting you don't want to miss!
Please pass this announcement on to others.
Contact: Eric Swenson, Program Director
BioDefense Mobilization Conferences
206 334-7333, eric at bio-defense.org
To be removed from future e-mail transmittals, please click on the following link or copy and paste it into your web browser and press the RETURN key.