Farmstead "Forestry"

Robert Underwood runderwo at plains.NoDak.edu
Thu Dec 30 14:51:54 EST 1993

As Urban Forestry Instructor at NDSU-Bottineau, I have an interest in
seeing the care of trees in other parts of a community,besides the city,
also receive attention.  For Urban Forestry to work in the Northern
Plains, with its meager population, it must have the support of the entire
community, including the agricultural sector.  I am currently trying to
start some consortiums of small towns to pool assets so as to be able to
afford good city tree care.  These consortiums will hopefully include the
agriculture sector also.  If you have any ideas on this subject, please
write.