Life in the Woods

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Dec 12 05:34:46 EST 1997

Or to quote from my guru Henry David Thoreau in his book Walden Pond,
"Whatever my own practice may be, I have no doubt that it is a part of
the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off
eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each
other when they came in contact with the more civilized."

And, "No humane being, past the thoughtless age of boyhood, will
wantonly murder any creature which holds its life by the same tenure
that he does. The hare in its extremity cries like a child."