The debate

BREW MANOSHMILL at pwshift.com
Wed Nov 26 12:18:27 EST 1997

Here in Vermont our state government past a "Heavy Cutting" bill last
session.  The waves are still being felt around the industry. I am employed
but a hardwood sawmil.  Also I manage 50 acres of family owned woodlands
(Northern Hardwoods), enrolled in the National Tree Farm Program.  I have
the oportunity to see many different viewpoints on forest regs throughout
my day. I find many people in the forest industry to be misinformed on
issues as wellas short sighted.

I don't belive forest regs have anything to do with property rights. Its
all about money.  Their not against the  regs, they just don't want to  be
told they can't rape their land for a quick buck when they are short on
cash.