Headwaters Forest Video Available

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Fri Oct 3 09:59:04 EST 1997

Scott Nudds wrote:

> (Al Stangenberger) wrote:
> : Several years ago a sawmill worker in Cloverdale, CA was severely
> : injured when the mill's band-saw shattered.
> : As I recall, the cause was a spiked redwood log.
>
>   Was it his decision to cut the log?  Or is he not taking
> personal responsibility for his own actions?
>
>   Undoubtedly if the log was spiked, it was from an area where the
> spiking had been announced.  If the cutter is not informed then the
> logging company is guilty of fraud.
>
> --
> <---->
Rather curious on who would announce thay had performed a criminal act,
and if they did so announce, did they step forward after the injury and
announce their guilt?  Sabotage for environmental reasons is still
sabotage, when injuries or death occure, the charges escalate.  The ends
do not justify the means, particularly under the circumstances of the
spiking.
--
Don Staples