growing GIANT SEQUOIA- Sequoiadendron giganteum in India

Charles ckraft at SPAMTRAPwest.net
Sat Dec 14 14:48:21 EST 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:01:03 GMT, Pam <grdngal48 at attbi.com> wrote:

(snip)
>With this diversity of locations, questions have been raised about the
>limitation of its native range and habitat. Apparently outside of its native
>Sierra Nevada, the giant sequoia is unable to re-seed itself by natural means.
>
>I'd second the idea to go for it - in warmer climates the secret for its
>successful establishment appears to be regular and frequent watering.
>
>pam - gardengal

Do they sprout from roots.  I have one at my parents place in Oregon,
it's about 40 years old, and it has a youngster about 12 feet away
which is now about 6 feet tall.  Either from a seed or a root pup?

_

- Charles
-
-does not play well with others