(LONG) Bigfoot Is Dead

Daniel B. Wheeler dwheeler at ipns.com
Wed Dec 25 17:26:25 EST 2002

Michael Hagen <mhagen at olympus.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.186ba12040faaaa1989683 at news.olympus.net>...
> In article <6dafee1b.0212182255.1a3a6f26 at posting.google.com>,
> dwheeler at ipns.com says...
> > Michael Hagen <mhagen at olympus.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.186ae0bc80937875989682 at news.olympus.net>...
> > > In article <6dafee1b.0212181033.3e1d6c08 at posting.google.com>,
> > > dwheeler at ipns.com says...

> > > snip good stuff, not all true
> > >
> > > Ray was a joker and an original character. However, I seriously doubt
> > > his "confession" will sway true Bigfoot devotees pro or con.  I
> > > recommend Robert Michael Pyle's book, Where Bigfoot Walks, for a good
> > > holiday read.  Many native people take BF seriously. I've been warned
> > > about the big guy myself when cruising certain tribal forestlands.
> > The original article of the Lost Cabin Mine would have placed the
> > location near either Mt. Adams or Mt. St. Helens (which also has an
> > "Ape Cave"). The story was that after finding a rich placer deposit,
> > several miners woke up to large rocks bouncing through their log-cabin
> Sounds like a cool spot. I worked on the Orleans District in the mid
> 70's - that's where Bluff Creek is.  That combination of extreme terrain
> and isolation is actually pretty common in the coast range - no matter
> if the tract has been roaded. It's a very steep, rugged place, covered
> in poison oak and big trees.  Believe me - the Big Guy could have mooned
> Bf investigators from 15 feet off any road and nobody would have been
> the wiser.  Had a barracks mate there called Bigfoot too.

There may be some confusion in the name as well. The native Americans
called the original creature Sasquatch. There was also a giant native
American named Bigfoot, who also lived in Oregon and Idaho in the
1870s. That was during a time when it was pretty politically unpopular
to be native American: kind of like being a Democrat today.

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com