update to DELTA polychaeta web pages

Robin Wilson rwilson at mov.vic.gov.au
Tue May 27 20:13:27 EST 1997

Dear annelida subscribers

Some weeks ago I posted a notice to the list about a web site with
information about a project to produce DELTA taxonomic databases and
on-line taxonomic descriptions of southern Australian polychaetes.

We have just updated parts of the web site.  New features are an Intkey
identification package (for DELTA Intkey users) to allow identification
of Opheliidae.  Southern Australian species and world genera are
included, as are some figures of selected taxa and characters.  The opheliid
taxonomic database is the work of research assistant and html wizard Joanne
Taylor, and me.  As I mentioned in the previous post, each family
database will have separate authorship.

The other improvement is that the web pages now use frames.  This allows
easier scrolling and navigation within each "box", but earlier browsers
may not cope. If this causes anyone problems please say so, but there is
no reason not to download a new version of your current browser (or
another one) that will allow this and many other web pages to be viewed.

One of the main reasons for providing this information on the web is to
solicit feedback.  But there has been very little so far.  All of us
would much appreciate constructive comments, even if just to say you have
downloaded a .zip file and it works OK.

bye

Robin

Robin Wilson				rwilson at mov.vic.gov.au
Museum of Victoria
71 Victoria Crescent
Abbotsford  Victoria			telephone 61-3 9284 0216
Australia  3067                         fax       61-3 9416 0475

Polychaeta of Australia: http://www.mov.vic.gov.au/poly