[Annelida] Pettibonesia, a replacement name for Wilsoniella (Polynoidae)

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read At niwa.co.nz)
Thu Nov 2 19:58:00 EST 2006

Hi,

I suspect not all abstracting agencies will link this under Polychaeta,
if they include it at all. Hence I note it here. Apologies to
non-taxonomists for the slightly esoteric content. Marian Pettibone was
honoring D. P. Wilson of larval ecology fame.

Pettibonesia Nemésio, nom. nov. for Wilsoniella Pettibone 1993

Nemésio, A. 2006: A replacement name for Wilsoniella Pettibone, 1993
(Annelida: Polynoidae), junior homonym of Wilsoniella Khalfin, 1939
(Brachiopoda: Rhynchonellida), and revalidation of Pessoaiella
Guimarães, 1940 over Wilsoniella Eichler, 1940 (Phthiraptera:
Ischnocera: Philopteridae) also a junior homonym of Wilsoniella Khalfin,
1939. Zootaxa 1260: 67–68.

Note that genera Pettiboneia (Dorvilleidae) and Pettibonella
(Orbiniidae) already exist.

   Geoff Read <g.read At niwa.co.nz>
    http://www.annelida.net/