[Annelida] For science historians and gadget lovers

Torsten Struck via annelida%40net.bio.net (by struck from Biologie.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE)
Fri Dec 24 01:42:37 EST 2010

When you click of the link "1990-2000" in the line "Vermes" in " Search in
Google Books:" at the bottom of the page you see that the first fifty hits
are all about the author Gaze Vermes writing about the historical Jesus.
Here is the abstract about the author in wikipedia:
Géza Vermes or Vermès (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈɡeːzɒ ˈvɛrmɛʃ], born 22
June 1924) is a British scholar of Jewish Hungarian origin and writer on
religious history, particularly Jewish and Christian. He is a noted
authority on the Dead Sea Scrolls and other ancient works in Aramaic, and on
the life and religion of Jesus. He is one of the most important voices in
contemporary Jesus research,[1] <and he has been described as the greatest
Jesus scholar of his time.[2] Vermes' written work on Jesus focuses
principally on Jesus the Jew, as seen in the broader context of the
narrative scope of Jewish history and theology, while questioning the basis
of some Christian teachings on Jesus.

Season's greetings,

Torsten.