[Annelida] Capitella sp. I lives on, but why?

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by Geoffrey.Read from niwa.co.nz)
Thu Feb 16 16:11:14 EST 2012

One wonders why Capitella sp. I lives on as below in 2012 instead of the correct C. teleta, since this, International Society of Microbial Ecology Journal,  is not an obscure journal, is published by the prestigious Nature group, and has an impact factor of 6.153!  One would expect top quality research and editing, and Capitella teleta has had numerous citations and usages in the general literature since published in 2009 by Jim Blake et al.

nevertheless:

Kunihiro, T.; Takasu, H.; Miyazaki, T.; Uramoto, Y.; Kinoshita, K.; Yodnarasri, S.; Hama, D.; Wada, M.; Kogure, K.; Ohwada, K.; Tsutsumi, H. 2011. Increase in Alphaproteobacteria in association with a polychaete, Capitella sp I, in the organically enriched sediment. Isme Journal 5(11): 1818-1831  http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00222936608679491

Odd. I can't see into the article,  but presume they are unaware they are behind the times a little.  I've dropped them a note.