Database for Arabidopsis.

Benjamin Burr burr at BNLUX1.BNL.GOV
Thu Apr 18 08:58:11 EST 1991

Dear Andrew,
	For a number of years we have used R:Base to manage a variety of data-
bases in our lab including one for all of our genetic stocks.  It is available
for PCs ( Idon't remember if you use macs), it is reasonably user friendly and
quite versatile.  I learned how to use it in a day because it is well documente.  I have also heard good things about Paradox, but it seems to be more menu
driven and not as flexible.  If you are interested, I can send you the structureof "field" database and a sample of the reports and forms.
	The maize community is implementing a global database for the organism.
It is expected to run under Sybase on a unix operating system.  Ed Coe at the
University of Missouri is the one to contact for details.
				Ben,