President Clinton and Plant Stress

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
Mon Feb 6 01:59:10 EST 1995

brambl at graz.cbs.umn.edu (Robert Brambl) wrote:
>Hello, All:
>
>Nora Plesofsky-Vig and I had a letter published in the New York Times
>today that deals with Clinton's jibe about plant stress. ...

As an outsider, it seems to me that you are going about this the wrong way
trying to show how plant research is important.  I doubt that your President
even realized that he was attacking the research you describe in your letter to
the press.  More likely, some researcher/speech writer failed to check
his facts, and concluded that "PLANT STRESS" concerns plant psychology rather
than main line agricultural and environmental research.
Whoever was responsible for this incredible screw up should be ridiculed,
and the President asked to publicly correct the error.  Who knows, maybe you
can grab some extra publicity and funding from this!

__
Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/