nga6 primer problems?

jjc4 at PO.CWRU.EDU jjc4 at PO.CWRU.EDU
Tue Feb 28 11:18:40 EST 1995

>Hello net,

>We've had some odd results with the last batch of
>SSLP primers (nga6, lot#9502) which we recently purchased
>from Research Genetics. I'm just wondering if anyone
>else has the same primers from the same lot-- and
>whether they've had any problems. Thanks.

>Jim Campanella
>Case Western Reserve University
>Biology Dept.
>Cleveland, Ohio

I've been told that my message was a bit vague as
far as telling what my problem with the SSLP primers
was. Here is a more specific explanation.
We've been using the nga6 primers for mapping a gene on
chromosome 3 near the tt5 locus of Arabidopsis. Unfortunately,
we've run into an unexplained oddity. Based on analysis of
limited data (19 individuals), we've found that nga6 does not
show linkage to the tt5 locus.