sad and mad cloning

XuHu xuhu at LAMAR.COLOSTATE.EDU
Sun Jan 15 21:41:14 EST 1995

Dear Netreader:
    We are having a great difficulty in cloning lambda genomic fragments(
one 4.5 kb and one 14 kb) into pBluescript xho 1 site.  We grew the white
transformants and checked inserts by restriction digest.  We found all of
them (from both fragments cloning) are deleted pBS vector (about 2.2 kb)
without inserts.  Check ligation there was shiftup on gel compared with
self-ligated pBS. The gene we are cloning may involve in cell division of a
plant.  Can anyone give some suggestion or comments.
                                                     Xu Hu
*   E-mail: xuhu at lamar.colostate.edu      *
*      Tel: (303) 491 2189 (Lab)          *
*     Mail:                               *
*           Dept. of Biology              *
*           Colorado State University     *
*           E106 Anat/Zoo Bldg            *
*           Fort Collins, CO 80523        *
*    Dept Fax: 303 491 0649               *