Mutant Gene Symbols

David W. Meinke meinke at OSUUNX.UCC.OKSTATE.EDU
Thu Mar 9 13:56:08 EST 1995

Members of Arabidopsis Community:

Over the past year, I have compiled numerous additions to the published
list of mutant gene symbols for Arabidopsis (prepared September 1993 and
printed in Appendix I of the Year 3 Arabidopsis Genome Project Report,
known as the Yellow Book, and available through Arabidopsis databases).

I am now concerned that many people in the community are starting to
name mutants in preparation for the upcoming Arabidopsis meetings in
Madison without remembering to consult me about the availability of
mutant gene symbols.

I have therefore summarized below all recent additions to the published
list.  If you have a new mutant to name, please make sure that your
symbol of choice is not on the main list or the supplement below, and
then remember to contact me with your proposed symbol.

You should also contact me if you have used a symbol already on the
list.  Conflicts of this type will need to be resolved.

If you have contacted me about a gene symbol and not received a response,
please try again in case your original message was not received.

Please do not contact me at this time about nomenclature of cloned genes
or sequences not associated with a mutation.  You will note that I have
included some of those symbols at the end of the list below, but I have
not compiled a comprehensive list.  This will need to be done at a later
time.

Thanks for your assistance.

David Meinke
Curator of Mutant Gene Symbols

Mutant Gene Symbols for Arabidopsis thaliana.
Additions to List in Databases and Year 3 Report.
Update Compiled March 9, 1995.

Symbol Reference Laboratory

arg   Sedbrook/Caspar/Masson
arp   Abler
clk   Jacobsen/Meyerowitz
cpr   Bowling/Dong
cud   Benfey
cup   Cobbett
cyr   Deikmann
erb   Bowling/Dong
fdr   Mitchell Olds
flb   Howard/Cheung
flp   Yang/Sack
fon   Confidential
for   Mourad
frd   Guernot
glf   Scheres
gsm   Haughn
hpt   Jurgens
hya   Hauser
icr   Town
lat   Jurgens
lsd   Confidential
mod   Confidential
mto   Naito
ndr   Century
nph   Liscum/Briggs
npr   Bowling/Dong
phy   Community Effort
pic   Benfey
ple   Hauser
plu   Hauser
pnh   Barton
prl   Springer
ptl   Smyth
qui   Benfey
rds   Kunst
sam   Barton
scr   DiLaurenzio/Benfey
sfr   Warren
sst   Kearns
stu   Kuhn
sus   Schwartz/Meinke
tag   Kunst
vip   Jacobsen/Meyerowitz
wam   Morris
wax   Feldmann
yak   Smyth

Symbols in CAPS below refer to cloned genes/
sequences not associated with mutations.
A comprehensive list of these symbols
has not yet been prepared.

Symbol Reference Laboratory

AGB   Confidential
AIG   Reuber/Ausubel
APK   Leustek
APS   Leustek
CAS   Bartel
CRY   Cashmore
EXGT  Nishitani
LRP   Smith
PAI   Last
SPL   Cardon
TSA   Last

-----
David W. Meinke
Department of Botany
Oklahoma State University
Phone: 405-744-6549
FAX:   405-744-7673

Original Email Address Has Been Changed.
Please Note Updated Email Address Below:

meinke at osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu