Massacre in Chiapas

Animesh Ray ray at AR.BIOLOGY.ROCHESTER.EDU
Tue Mar 14 14:11:38 EST 1995

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 95 12:38:00 -0500
From: "BARRY G. HALL" <BHALL at BGH.BIOLOGY.ROCHESTER.EDU>
Subject: Re: Massacre in Chiapas
To: eldridge at adams.biology.rochester.edu, rangerer at rca.biology.rochester.edu,
        tom at ttb.biology.rochester.edu, tip at cb.biology.rochester.edu,
        teickbush at the.biology.rochester.edu,
        fleming at landru.biology.rochester.edu,
        goldfarb at nucleus.biology.rochester.edu,
        marty at mag.biology.rochester.edu, hinkle at dch.biology.rochester.edu,
        shat at moddna.biology.rochester.edu, jaenike at jj.biology.rochester.edu,
        ochman at ho.biology.rochester.edu, tony at olek.biology.rochester.edu,
        joanna at jbo.biology.rochester.edu, haorr at darwin.biology.rochester.edu,
        ray at ar.biology.rochester.edu, werren at jw.biology.rochester.edu,
        zusman at sbz.biology.rochester.edu
Forwarded-by: BARRY G. HALL <BHALL at BGH.BIOLOGY.ROCHESTER.EDU>

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 15:54:00 +0100
To: evoldir at evol.biology.mcmaster.ca
From: Irene.Till at ujf-grenoble.fr
Subject: Massacre in Chiapas

>>Subject: emergency message from Mexico: please, diffuse it as much as possible
>>From: Goodwin at univscvm.csd.scarolina.edu (Chuck Goodwin)
>>Subject: Massacre in Chiapas
>>
>>We've just recevied an emergency call from friends in Mexico. They tell us
>>that the Mexican army has surrounded the city of San Cristobal in Chiapas,
>>and that the hospital in the nearby city of Comitan is flooded with
>>casualities. The press is being excluded from the area. The people being
>>attacked are the Myan Indians, and other poor farmers, who've been denied
>>land and food since the conquest.
>>
>>They've asked that we try to get word about this out via email. While we
>>have no further information beyond this one call I ask you to pass this
>>message on, or tell anyone you think relevant via any means so that this
>>does not occur in silence.
>>
>>please forward to as many e-mail addresses as possible !!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Irene TILL-BOTTRAUD                                               /
/ Biologie des Populations d'Altitude             Tel : 76 63 56 99 /
/ Batiment 76                                     fax : 76 51 44 63 /
/ Universite Joseph Fourier                                         /
/ BP 53 X                                                           /
/ F-38041 Grenoble cedex                                            /
/ E-Mail : irene.till at ujf-grenoble.fr                               /