junk mail

Chris Town cdt2 at PO.CWRU.EDU
Fri Oct 13 14:31:07 EST 1995

I agree with Wolf-Dieter that we might have some discussion concerning
moderation. It seems to me that at the present level of posting, moderation
would not be a great chore. Someone like myself who reads his mail most days
could do it quite easily.  On the other hand, it is not much effort, as
Chris S says, to simply throw it out completely so that it doesn't take up
drive space.

I think the impertinence of these postings bothers me more. Ideally there
should be some mechanism for disuading these unwelcome entrepreneurs from
invading our space. Maybe if we each sent 100 replies to each ad. they would
get the message.

I also notice that this last batch of junk comes from uiuc.edu. This is not
a legitimate use of a university account. Perhaps someone should alert the
administrator of that network to close this culprit's account.

Chris Town.