Information Request- Mutagenesis

lightnje at esvax.dnet.dupont.com lightnje at esvax.dnet.dupont.com
Fri Oct 20 13:51:06 EST 1995

Dear Fellow Arabinauts,

	We are preparing a protocol chapter on Seed Mutagenesis
of Arabidopsis, focusing on non-biological mutagens.  We are
aware of a number of excellent recent reviews on mutagenesis
in Arabidopsis.  The intent of this chapter is to provide a
very practical, hands-on, guide to conducting mutagenesis
experiments.
	We would like to ask people to share their
experiences, favorite references, and techniques.  We are
especially interested in hearing from those of you using
mutagens other than EMS.  We are also interested in your
preferred method of determining mutagen dosage and in what
way (what phenotypes you score) you estimate mutation rate in
your population. Finally, we would like to hear any thoughts
you might have regarding population size required to identify
mutations in your process of interest.
	Please reply by personal E-mail
(lightnje at esvax.dnet.dupont.com) and if there is interest we
will attempt to summarize and post what we hope will be a
deluge of responses.
			Thank you,

			Jonathan Lightner
			Tim Caspar