maturase gene regulation?

Lorine S Horvath lhorvath at plains.nodak.edu
Mon Dec 2 09:43:16 EST 1996

Unto the knowledgable of the world,

	While using differential display to clone genes from leafy spurge
root buds which are induced concommitantly with the release of the root
buds from dormancy, I managed to isolate what looks like a chloroplast
encoded maturase (as judged by homology search of the gene banks).  So,
my question is, what is known about the regulation of chloroplast encoded
intron maturases?  Are there any good (preferably review) papers that have
covered this topic?  Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Dave Horvath
USDA/ARS/BRL
Fargo, ND