histone antibody

Hong Yao hyao at iastate.edu
Mon Dec 9 10:20:19 EST 1996

Dear Arabinetter:
I am looking for antibodies which recognizes plant histone(s). I am
studying subcellular localization of a novel arabidopsis protein which
might be localized in nucleus. I'd like to use the histones as a marker
for cell fractionation by probing protein blots containing protein
samples of different cell fractions with the histone antiboby.
Does anyone know any commercial or other sources of such antibodies? Or
does anyone have any suggestions or experience on using a nucleus marker
(histones or others) to examine nucleus fraction in immunoblotting?
Please email any information to hyao at iastate.edu. Thanks in advance!

Hong Yao
Iowa State University