Help needed.

Tobias Baskin baskin at BIOSCI.MBP.MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Dec 12 11:28:52 EST 1996

Andrew,
	We have received lots of seed over the past few years from
Australia or the UK, and even sometimes elsewhere in the US, and nearly
without exception germination is terrible! We grow what we can up, self em,
and the next generation is as good as new. Maybe arbidopsis seed are really
finicky about airline food? Or maybe they feel about the midwest more or
less the same way I do? 8-)
	What has worked for some lines if we want germination *NOW* is to
chuck in 10 - 100 uM GA3 into the plates. That helps sometimes.
	Cheers,
		Tobias

      _      ____   ^      __   ____   Tobias I. Baskin
     /  \   /      / \    /   \ \            University ofMissouri
    /   |  /      /   \   \      \              BiologicalSciences
   /___/  /__    /___  \   \      \__            109 Tucker Hall
  /      /      /       \   \      \            Columbia, MO 65211 USA
 /      /      /         \   \      \          voice: 573-882-0173
/      /____  /           \   \__/   \____ fax: 573-882-0123