Arabidopsis Chr1 Mapping & Sequencing, 2nd try

Arabidopsis thaliana Genome Center atgc at ATGENOME.BIO.UPENN.EDU
Mon Oct 28 18:33:55 EST 1996

Dear Arabidopsis Community

The Arabidopsis thaliana Genome Center (ATGC) at the
University of Pennsylvania is pleased to announce the
release of new data from our physical mapping and
genome sequencing projects.  The new information is
being made available through our WWW site at
http://cbil/humgen.upenn.edu/~atgc/ATGCUP.html

1.  SPP Genome Sequencing Consortium

a.  The SPP Consortium (Stanford University, Plant Gene
Expression Center at the University of California at Berkeley,
and the University of Pennsylvania) is contributing to the
Arabidopsis Genome Initiative (AGI) and has begun sequencing
portions of chromosome 1.  The list of the first 20 BAC clones
selected for sequencing is now available.  Updates will be made
available on the progress of sequencing, and of new clones
selected for sequencing.

b.  Access to the sites of other SPP members, and access to
sequence data will be made possible through this site.

2.  Chromosome 1 Physical Mapping using IGF and TAMU BAC Clones

New information on chromosome 1 associated BAC clones is also
being made available.  These lists will be updated regularly.

a.  Lists of BACs identified by hybridization with genetically
    positioned chromosome 1 markers.
b.  Lists of BACs identified by hybridization with YAC clones
    mapped to chromosome 1.
c.  End sequences of chromosome 1 associated BAC clones
    (the first release will be in early November 1996).
d.  Lists of BAC clones containing ribosomal DNA, chloroplast DNA,
    or 180 bp repeat DNA.

3.  Other Access to SPP and ATGC Data

The SPP Consortium and ATGC are working with AtDB
(http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Arabidopsis/) to permit
access of our data through the Illustra-based system.

ATGC
October 28, 1996