DNA sequencing position

mlassner at ccmail.calgene.com mlassner at ccmail.calgene.com
Tue Jun 17 10:14:16 EST 1997

We have a position open in our DNA sequencing laboratory.  This is a core lab
that provides services to other Calgene researchers.  The position requires good
communication skills to facilitate interaction with the researchers.  Much of
the work entails operation of an ABI DNA sequencer, oligonucleotide design, and
contig assembly.  We also are involved in small EST projects.  The position also
has a part-time responsibility to carry out lipid related research.  This facet
of the position involves analysis of transgenic plants and general molecular
biology research.  You can send an e-mail to me if you have any questions, or
send an application to the address below.

Mike

CALGENE, INC.
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Date:  June 16, 1997

Position Title:   Research Associate - DNA Chemistry

Description of Duties:  This position is responsible for DNA sequencing,
oligonucleotide synthesis, computer analysis of DNA sequences; general molecular
biology, and transgenic plant analysis.

Minimum Qualifications: B.S. in genetics, biochemistry or related field.
Molecular biology laboratory experience.  Good computer skills, preferably with
the MacOS.

Additional relevant experience:  DNA sequencing experience.  Experience with
Vax, unix, or windows operating systems.  Computer programming skills.

                EOE M/F/H/V

Reports to:         Mike Lassner, Senior Scientist

Application Procedures:     Forward cover letter and resume/summary of
experience to:

                Calgene, Inc.
                1920 Fifth Street
                Davis, California 95616