postdoctoral position available

Winslow R. Briggs briggs at Andrew2.stanford.edu
Tue Dec 1 14:21:13 EST 1998

Postdoctoral Position, Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institution
of Washington
260 Panama St., Stanford, CA 94305

I have immediate funding for a postdoctoral fellow to join our program
on signal transduction in phototropism and related phenomena. Candidates
with both molecular and biochemical skills will be given preference.

In the past two years, we have successfully cloned and sequenced the
NPH1 gene (Huala et al., 1997), expressed its full length protein
product, demonstrated that it is a flavoprotein binding FMN, and showed
that served as the photoreceptor for blue light-induced phosphorylation
and phototropism in Arabidopsis (Christie et al., 1998). A large number
of biochemical and molecular questions now have become accessible for
experimental testing. Fellowship funds are available immediately and two
years of support are guaranteed.

Applicants should send a curriculum vitae and arrange to have three
letters of reference sent directly to me.

Winslow R. Briggs