Faculty Search

Daphne Preuss dpreuss at midway.uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 7 20:57:19 EST 1998

The following is a copy of an advertisement that ran this fall.  Because
some individuals did not realize that plant candidates are welcome (and
actually ENCOURAGED) to apply, we have extended the deadline to December
20.  Best wishes,  Daphne Preuss

Faculty Search
Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology

The Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology at the University of
Chicago invites applications for tenure track positions in the areas of
Molecular, Cell or Developmental Biology.  We are seeking candidates at the
Assistant Professor level who have a strong potential for innovative and
impactful research.  This year we are particularly interested in recruiting
a plant molecular geneticist or cell biologist.  Successful candidates will
receive newly renovated laboratory space, ample start-up funds, and join a
dynamic Department with a multi-disciplinary program of graduate education.

By December 1st, applicants should send curriculum vitae, reprints,
statement of research accomplishments and proposed work, and names of three
references to:  Faculty Search, c/o Dr. Harinder Singh, Department of
Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, The University of Chicago, 920 East
58th Street, Chicago, IL 60637-1474.

The University of Chicago is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

 Daphne Preuss                                 Tel: (773) 702-1605
 University of Chicago                    Fax: (773) 702-9270
 Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology
 1103 E. 57th Street - EBC Room 304
 Chicago, IL  60637             dpreuss at midway.uchicago.edu