Smallest Exons??

Frank Hartung hartung at ipk-gatersleben.de
Wed Dec 9 19:28:25 EST 1998

Hello there,

I again have a size question (thats not psychological for me ;-)). What
is the smallest exon you have heard or read from? I read the article
from Soren Brunak of 1996 in which he mentioned the smallest exon with
9nt, unfortunately he didn`t answer at my Email if there is something
new.
I am working with a gene now which has 20 exons and two of them are
smaller, one is 8nt and the second one only 4nt long. So where is the
samllest size, is it 1 nt?, i can`t imagine, i really have problems
with  4 nt size.
Any comment will be helpful, thanks a lot,
Frank Hartung