Research technician position

John MacKay john-dot-mackay-at-ipst-dot-edu at dont.spam.me
Thu Jan 21 21:45:18 EST 1999

The Institute of Paper Science and Technology has two openings at the
Research Technician III level in its Forest Biology Department. Duties
include planning, running, and evaluating tissue culture (75%) and plant
molecular biology experiments (25%) to improve somatic embryo quality
for loblolly pineThe tissue culture includes testing of specific
hypotheses toward improving tissue culture methods in somatic
embryogenesis. Techniques routinely used include but are not limited to
media preparation, subculturing, statistical analyses, microscopic
analyses. Molecular biology experiments include gene cloning and gene
expression studies (northern blot analysis, gene arrays, quantitative
RT-PCR. Qualifications: Associates degree and at least three years of
laboratory experience, BS or MS degree preferred.  This position offers
promotion opportunities based upon performance, training and experience.
We are looking for individuals who can work within a team, learn
techniques rapidly, develop independent working skills, present results
and participate in the preparation of reports and publications.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to
Dr Gerald Pullman, 500 10th St., NW, Atlanta, GA  30318, or fax to (404)
894-4778 or e-mail Jerry.Pullman at ipst.edu.

IPST is an independent graduate school funded by the Pulp and Paper
Industry.  The Forest Biology is an expanding group with resources of
approximately $ 1.1 million.  We are closely linked with our member
companies and are heavily involved in the multiplication of high value
trees through somatic embryogenesis and the improvement of wood fibers
through genetic engineering.  Our research is supported by competitive
grants, contracts, and internal funds.  IPST is located on the campus of
Georgia Tech in midtown Atlanta.  Staff at IPST have access to Georgia
Tech facilities.

Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, Applicants and
employees subject to drug testing.