RNA from siliques and RTPCR

Nicolas Baumberger nbaumber at botinst.unizh.ch
Wed Jul 21 10:56:14 EST 1999

We are trying to amplify genes from siliques RNA by the means of RT-PCR.

But our efforts showed up to be unsuccessful so far, even with positiv
control primers.
While it works fine in all the other organs of the plant we think that
this failure is due to some kind of inhibitors or contaminants in RNA
from siliques. Does anybody know this problem and have a solution to it?
We would be grateful for any help.
Cheers
--
Nicolas Baumberger
Institute of Plant Biology, University of Zürich
Email: nbaumber at botinst.unizh.ch

---