Faculty Position at UNC

Jeff Dangl dangl at email.unc.edu
Wed Oct 6 10:45:32 EST 1999

Hi all--

Pending final University approval, we are opening a Search for a Plant
Biologist. This ad will appear soon in Science.

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Department of Biology

We are continuing to search for an additional outstanding candidate for a
tenure track position to join a growing, interactive plant biology group
after July 1, 2000. This individual will use state of the art genetic,
genomic, molecular, biochemical and / or cellular approaches to address
fundamental question in plant cellular and / or developmental biology.
Candidates must have a PhD. and significant successful postdoctoral
research experience. Applications should include a curriculum vitae and
concise descriptions of current and future research directions and teaching
interests. Applicants should provide these items, and arrange for four
letters of recommendation to be sent to:

Chair, Plant Biology Search Committee
Dept. of Biology, CB#3280
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599-3280

We will begin reviewing applications December 10, 1999 and applications
completed by that date are assured consideration. The Department if Biology
is at: http://www.unc.edu/depts/biology/contents.html

The University of North Carolina is Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.

Jeff Dangl
John N. Couch Associate Professor
Dept. of Biology,Curriculum in Genetics
108 Coker Hall CB#3280