markers between AThSO191 and DFR

Eva Huala huala at acoma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Oct 11 15:08:43 EST 1999

Dear Sridhar,

If you would like to design some PCR markers of your own in
this region, TAIR (formerly AtDB) has information on simple
sequence repeats and flanking DNA that can be used to design
your own primers and test for polymorphism.  To access the
information, go to the Sequence Map at

 http://genome-www3.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/AtDB/Schrom

and enter a marker in the search box (such as DFR).  From
the closeup page centered around the chosen marker, you
can go to the Sequence Table by clicking on Arabidopsis
Sequence Table below the legend.  This will take you to
the relevant section of the sequence table, where you will
find runs of A, T, TA and GA at least 30 nt long.  If you
click on the simple repeat you will be able to view the
repeat with 200 nt of flanking DNA useful for designing
your own SSLP primers.

Eva Huala
TAIR Head Curator