Post-Doctoral Positions

Jiming Jiang jjiang1 at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 20 11:14:36 EST 1999

Post-Doctoral Positions will be
available to clone and characterize DNA elements essential for the
construction of artificial chromosomes in grass species (Genetics,
1998, 150: 1615-1623; PNAS, 1998, 95: 8135-8140).  We are attempting to
identify functional centromeric DNA elements using DNA/protein
interaction assays and transformation-based approaches.  Experience
with cell line manipulation and plant transformation will be helpful
but not required.  The candidates for the positions will work closely
with our collaborators, Dr. J. A. Birchler at the University of
Missouri-Columbia and Drs. R. K. Dawe and W. A. Parrot at the
University of Georgia-Athens.  UW-Madison hosts one the largest
biological science communities in the world.  It provides a great
environment for postdoctoral associates to develop themselves into
independent scientists.  Send hard copies of your cover letter, CV, and
three letters of reference to J. Jiang, 1575 Linden Drive, University
of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI 53706.

Sincerely

Jiming Jiang

Assistant Professor

Department of Horticulture