Graduate Student Assistantship, Plant-Pathogen Interactions

John M. McDowell johnmcd at vt.edu
Mon Dec 4 17:57:27 EST 2000

Graduate Student Assistantship, Plant-Pathogen Interactions
Dr. John McDowell, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg VA.

I have an opening in the summer or fall of 2001 for a Ph.D. student who is
interested in using Arabidopsis to understand genetic, molecular, and/or
evolutionary
aspects of plant-microbe interactions (see
www.ppws.vt.edu/faculty/mcdowell.html).  Virginia Tech is among the top 50
US research universities in terms of federal
funding, and is expanding in the areas of plant biotechnology and
bioinformatics.  My lab is housed in the recently constructed Fralin
Biotechnology Center
(www.biotech.vt.edu).  Blacksburg is located in an attractive mountain
setting and contains all of the standard college town amenities as well as
exceptional outdoor
recreation opportunities (www.bev.net).  Interested individuals should
contact John McDowell, johnmcd at vt.edu, 540-231-2388.

John M. McDowell
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Plant Pathology, Physiology, and Weed Science
Fralin Biotechnology Center (0346)
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0346

email johnmcd at vt.edu