Medium for vertical plates

Janette Leonard J.Leonard at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 09:30:47 EST 2000

Dear all,
I have a question regarding the best medium to use for vertically
positioned petri-dish studies using Arabidopsis.  These are for use in
ecological/physiological studies concerning heterogeneous nutrient
conditions.  I am mainly looking at root morphology and architecture and
would therefore like a clear-ish medium to enable effective scanning of
the plates.
I hear conflicting comments as to whether Phytagel, Agar or Agarose are
the most appropriate.  Could anyone provide suggestions as to which is
the most suitable medium for my work?

Also, if anyone out there is working in a similar field and would like
to make contact, please email me!

Thank-you in anticipation,
Janette Leonard

Janette Leonard