Stablishment of Arabidopsis cell suspension cultures

Ivan Delgado delgadoi at pilot.msu.edu
Tue Mar 7 13:11:13 EST 2000

Dear Arabineters,

     I am interested in establishing a cell suspension culture from
Arabidopsis. We already have one (Axelos M, Curie C, Mazzolini L, Bardet C,
Lescure B (1992) A protocol for transient expression in Arabidopsis thaliana
protoplasts isolated from cell suspension cultures. Plant Physiol Biochem 30
(1): 123-8), but I am interested in having cell suspensions from transgenic
plants.
     Any help in this regard is very appreciated,
     Ivan

P.S. alternatively, a protocol to transform Arabidopsis cell suspensions
would be useful but my experience has been that it is a lot harder to obtain
transgenic suspensions that way

Ivan J. Delgado Orlic
Graduate Student
MSU-DOE-Plant Research Laboratory
Genetics Department
Michigan State University
178 Wilson Rd.
122 Plant Biology Building
East Lansing, MI  48824-1312
Email: delgadoi at pilot.msu.edu
Phone: 517-353-3519
FAX: 517-353-9168
A good idea will keep you awake during the morning, but a great idea will
keep you awake during the night
-Marilyn Vos Savant

---