96-well pcr sealing

Guo-Yun Yu gyy at tc.umn.edu
Wed Nov 15 11:40:25 EST 2000

Hi,

I am doing a whole genome scan for a disease locus.  One technical
problem need your help.  The problem is that we have a Hybaid PCR
express thermal  cycler, the machine is fine except with 96-well
plates.  When using 96-well plates, most of the reactions (10 ul) in the
wells along the outside edge of the plate do not work due to
evaporation.
I have tried tape, sealing mate, non of them work.  I am sure you have
use 96-well PCR.  Could you tell me what kind of machine, plate sealing
method you used.  What could be my problem?

Thanks!

Guo-yun yu
gyy at tc.umn.edu

---