More on 'Plant scientists elected to NAS Members'

Prakash prakash at tusk.edu
Tue May 15 19:35:53 EST 2001

More on 'Plant scientists elected to NAS Members'
In my previous posting, I missed out on
many names because of my ignorance of photosynthesis scientists who
are elected to NAS. Here, please see below response from Charlie
Arntzen (a member of NAS) which includes a complete list of plant
scientists elected to NAS.

From: Charles J. Arntzen
Prakash,

It was a pretty good year for ;plant
and photosynthesis; people in the National Academy this year.
Yes, this is our Bob Goldberg. He had not gotten in before... I've
listed plant/photosynthesis folks below.

Newly elected members and their affiliations at the time of election
are:<br>
CARPENTER, Stephen R.; Halverson Professor, Center for Limnology,
University of Wisconsin, Madison<br>
FIELD, Christopher B.; staff scientist, department of plant biology,
Carnegie Institution of Washington, Stanford, Calif.<br>
GLAZER, Alexander N.; director, Natural Reserve System, and professor,
division of biochemistry and molecular biology, department of
molecular and cell biology, University of California, Berkeley<br>
GOLDBERG, Robert Bruce; Distinguished Professor of Biology, department
of molecular, cell, and developmental biology, University of
California, Los Angeles<br>
LAGARIAS, J. Clark; Paul K. and Ruth R. Stumpf Professor of Plant
Biochemistry and professor, section of molecular and cellular biology,
University of California, Davis
>ZAMBRYSKI, Patricia C.; professor,
department of plant and microbial biology, University of California,
Berkeley</font></div>

Newly elected foreign associates, their affiliations at the time of
election, and their country of citizenship are:<br>
COEN, ENRICO SANDRO; deputy head, department of genetics, John Innes
Centre, and John Innes Foundation Professor, University of East
Anglia, Norwich (U.K.)<br>
CRANE, Peter Robert; director, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
(U.K.)</font></div>
<