Postdoctral Position - Seattle

Keiko U. Torii ktorii at
Mon Sep 17 18:23:32 EST 2001

A postdoctoral position is available immediately to study the role of cell
cycle regulators in Arabidopsis organ morphogenesis. This project is a
close collaboration between the Seattle laboratories of Keiko Torii (plant
development, UW;, Luca Comai (plant
genetics, UW; and Jim Roberts
(molecular biology of mammalian cell cycle, FHCRC; The project integrates development,
functional genomics and biochemistry to provide a stimulating environment
ideal for multidisciplinary training. For example, we are using the
FHCRC/UW TILLING facility ( to
generate targeted mutations within the specific modules of the cell cycle
regulators . We anticipate that the study of these alleles together with
existing RNAi-mediated phenotypes and protein biochemistry will provide
new insights in how cell-cycle regulation participates in the meristem
regulation network. The successful candidate will be primarily located in
Dr. Torii's laboratory, but will interact extensively with the other
members of the project.

Salary and benefits are competitive. The project1s location, Seattle,
combines exciting cultural opportunities with exceptional access to
outdoor recreation. The University of Washington is an equal opportunity

Please submit the brief cover, CV, and names and e-mail addresses of three
references to:

Keiko Torii
Department of Botany
University of Washington
Box 355325,
Seattle, WA 98195-5325
ktorii at

Keiko U. Torii, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

Hitchcock Hall 544		Phone: (206)221-5701
Department of Botany		Fax:   (206)685-1728
University of Washington	e-mail:ktorii at
Box. 355325
Seattle, WA 98195-5325