Faculty Position at Indiana University

Roger Innes rinnes at bio.indiana.edu
Fri Sep 21 00:40:34 EST 2001

The Indiana University Department of Biology invites applications for a
tenure track ASSISTANT PROFESSOR position in the area of plant molecular
biology.  Candidates should be investigating fundamental questions
specific to plant biology at a mechanistic level.

  IU-Bloomington is significantly expanding in the life sciences. These
efforts include construction of two major research buildings, a new
interdepartmental initiative in Biochemistry and Biophysics, and
numerous recent hires that have greatly expanded our strengths in the
areas of microbiology, biochemistry, structural biology, cell and
developmental biology, molecular evolution, and ecology.  We are now
expanding in the plant sciences.  We are pleased to announce that Dr.
Mark Estelle will be joining our department in the summer of 2002,
occupying the Miller Chair in Plant Developmental Biology. In addition,
will be hiring at least two additional plant molecular biologists in the
next two years.

Bloomington is located in the picturesque rolling hill country of
southern Indiana, with several nearby state parks and a federal
wilderness area.  Our area is particularly noted for its hardwood
forests and fall colors.  The city of Bloomington (pop. ~75,000) offers
numerous cultural opportunities, including a world-renowned opera
program run by the IU School of Music.  Most of our faculty lives within
easy walking or cycling distance of campus, although rural living can be
found within a short commute.  The quality of life is high, and the cost
of living is low.  For additional information about the Department of
Biology, Indiana University, and Bloomington, visit our website at
http://www.bio.indiana.edu.

  Candidates should send a curriculum vitae, a statement of research
(past, present, and planned), and representative publications, and
arrange to have three (or more) letters of recommendation sent to:  Dr.
Roger Innes, Plant Molecular Biology Faculty Search, Department of
Biology, Indiana University, 1001 E. 3rd St., Bloomington, IN
47405-3700.   Review of applications will begin October 15 and will
continue until suitable candidates are identified. Indiana University is
an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Em

---