please post

Stewart, David stewart at cshl.edu
Fri Sep 6 03:41:41 EST 2002

We are pleased to announce the fourth Cold Spring Harbor winter plant
biotechnology conference this year focused on COMPARATIVE PLANT GENOMICS,
which will begin on Thursday evening, December 12, 2002 and end at noon on
Sunday, December 15, 2002. We are looking forward to a broad-based meeting,
and abstracts are welcomed on all scientific topics related to advances in
our understanding of plant genome structure and function. The aims of this
meeting are to review progress in genome analysis of the major plant groups
and to determine the similarities and differences in genome structure and
composition of our major groups of experimental and crop plants.

The meeting is timely, with the completion of the first draft of the rice
genome, emerging sequences of rice chromosomes, rapid progress in
Arabidopsis functional genomics, and initiation of several new plant genome
projects. The meeting will also include a special workshop on Plant
Evolutionary Genomics arranged by Gloria Coruzzi, New York University.

Abstracts Due: October 9, 2002

Further information, registration and abstract submission at:
http://www.cshl.edu/meetings/2002Arab.htm

Posted on behalf of the organizers:
Mike Bevan, The John Innes Centre, UK
Susan McCouch, Cornell University