Position at Indiana University, Bloomington

Mark Estelle mestelle at bio.indiana.edu
Tue Sep 24 11:50:13 EST 2002

Dear Arabidopsis Researchers. We are searching for a colleague to
help us build  on our strength in plant molecular genetics in the
Biology Department at IU Bloomington (see ad below). She or he would
join  us on the third floor of the newly renovated Myers Hall, home
of  the Indiana Molecular Biology Institute
(http://www.bio.indiana.edu/resources/imbi/index.html). At least one
additional  plant molecular geneticist will be hired in the next few
years, also to occupy contiguous space on this floor.

The Biology Department is a collegial  and highly interactive group
with outstanding  faculty working in the areas of developmental
biology, molecular biology,  microbiology, biochemistry,  genomics,
and evolutionary biology. In  addition  the University is about to
begin  construction of a 80,000 sq. ft. building devoted to new
initiatives in biochemistry, proteomics, and genomics. This  building
will be directly adjacent to the existing Myers Hall and Jordan Hall
homes of  the Biology Department.

Bloomington is a liberal and lively town situated in the  beautiful
forested hills  of southern Indiana. If you are looking for a
position that combines a strong scientific environment and a
beautiful location, we encourage you to  apply.

Roger Hangarter, Mark Estelle, and Roger Innes

FACULTY POSITION
PLANT MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
Indiana University, Bloomington

	The Department of Biology and the Indiana Molecular Biology
Institute invite applications for a tenure track ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
position in the area of plant molecular biology.  Candidates should
be investigating fundamental questions in plant biology at a
mechanistic level.
	IU-Bloomington is significantly expanding in the life
sciences. These efforts include construction of a major research
building, a new interdepartmental initiative in Biochemistry and
Biophysics, and numerous recent hires that have greatly expanded our
strengths in the areas of microbiology, biochemistry, structural
biology, cell and developmental biology, molecular evolution, and
ecology.  We are now expanding in the plant sciences and will be
hiring at least two additional plant molecular biologists in the next
few years. The plant molecular biology group occupies a set of large
contiguous labs in newly renovated Myers Hall, the home of the
Indiana Molecular Biology Institute. For more information about the
Biology Department and the Institute and for links to information
about the campus and the Bloomington community, see
http://www.bio.indiana.edu.
	Candidates should send a curriculum vitae, a statement of
research (past, present, and planned), and representative
publications, and arrange to have three (or more) letters of
recommendation sent to:  Dr. Mark Estelle, Plant Molecular Biology
Faculty Search, Department of Biology, Indiana University, 1001 E.
3rd St., Bloomington, IN  47405-3700.   Review of applications will
begin October 15 and will continue until suitable candidates are
identified. Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer.  Women, minority candidates, and couples are
encouraged to apply.

--
Mark Estelle
Indiana University