Using molecular markers in other Brassicaceae species

Cassie Majetic cam21+ at pitt.edu
Thu Dec 2 16:37:13 EST 2004

<x-flowed>Hello,
My name is Cassie Majetic, and I'm a graduate student at the University of
Pittsburgh.  For a portion of my dissertation research on Hesperis
matronalis (Brassicaceae), I would like to examine heterozygosity in
microsatellite loci.  No marker research has been done on Hesperis, and I
am exploring the possibility of using Arabidopsis loci.  Does anyone know
what the success rate for cross-species marker use is? I'm also curious to
know if there are any cheap and fast ways to screen lots of loci for
success in Hesperis.  If anyone could answer either of these questions, I
would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks!

Cassie Majetic
Department of Biological Sciences - Program in Ecology and Evolution
University of Pittsburgh
4249 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260

email: cam21 at pitt.edu