[Arabidopsis] GC-MS for PAH analysis needed

arab-gen at iubio.bio.indiana.edu arab-gen at iubio.bio.indiana.edu
Tue May 17 16:10:07 EST 2005

  Dear New England Arabidopsis Researchers,

As part of a project on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH)
phytoremediation (Adan Colon-Carmona lab), I am looking for GC-MS
equipment to analyze phenanthrene derivatives/degradation products in
Arabidopsis extracts. We have analyzed some samples with the GC-MS at
our UMass Boston campus but, unfortunately, the mass spec is having
trouble, and it is uncertain as to when it will be in working condition
again. Do you know someone in the greater Boston area who has a GC-MS
and could either run the samples for us, or I could come and use the
equipment (after instruction of course!)? I have 21 samples to analyse,
with the possibility of more (but at some point our GC-MS should be fixed).

For further details and questions please contact me as soon as possible.

I would very much appreciate any help you can provide!

Best wishes,
Merianne

Merianne Alkio
Biology Department
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125

Phone 617 287 6636 (office) - 6610 (lab)