[Arabidopsis] Re: Are the seeds from WT type At plants trandformed byfloral dip called T1 or T0?

Terry Delaney via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by terrence.delaney At uvm.edu)
Mon Nov 27 13:26:19 EST 2006

Dear Jiang,
I agree with most of the respondants to your question, who state that
the primary (hemizygous) transformants should be referred to as T1
seeds or plants.  This is convenient as it mimics the genetic
nomenclature, as Ben Holt describes.  However as there is a bit of
confusion on this issue, I'd add that authors' should state what their
definition is when they describe their work, as it's not safe to assume
everyone agrees on this point.

Best regards,

Terry Delaney
The University of Vermont